2 medium to large eggplant, sliced 1/2″ thick
salt & pepper
12 oz organic tomato sauce
7 oz El Pato sauce
3 Tbs. minced chives
3 Tbs. minced parsley
1 Tbs. thyme leaves
6 oz. heavy cream or 12 oz half&half
4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 375.
Melt coconut oil in pan med-high
Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper, fry eggplant slices in batches until golden on both sides.
~Cream Parmesan Sauce
Place Cream in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce to about 1 cup, then stir in half of the grated parmesan and all of the chopped herbs. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 min until it gets thicker.
- Mix together the can sauces into a bowl.
- Place a thin layer of sauce in baking pan, then spread cooked and shredded chicken over the sauce
- A small layer of sauce over the chicken.
- Place a layer of eggplant "chips" over this covering the top with tomato sauce.
- Another layer of eggplant "chips" and remaining sauce.
- Spread the creamy parmesan over this and sprinkle on a final layer of parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered until browned and bubbling, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest for 5min before serving.