First time for the kabocha squash. My friend George posted this yummy recipe a while back on his Civilized Caveman site. So I made it exactly how he did, here it is:
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- 2-3 Tbsp of the Oil of your choice (Coconut, Olive, Macadamia Nut, etc)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Wash your squash under cold water and pat dry
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
- Cut the top and bottom off of your squash so you have a flat surface to work with
- Cut your squash in half and remove the seeds
- Slice your squash into equal size wedges and place in a mixing bowl
- Toss with the oil of your choice with the salt and pepper
- Place in a single layer on your baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping halfway through
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and sprinkle with cinnamon if you would like
Now he said you can eat with the skin on, I did as well. On top of the cinnamon I also sprinkled nutmeg and poured some melted unrefined (coconut flavor) over the squash!
Over med heat, melted some refined coconut oil and sauteed 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 white onion and a lot of mushroom.
1.37lb of tri-tip and sliced it placed in the same pan in the center with mushroom and stuff around the out side. Sprinkled with monterey steak seasoning, few minutes on each side! So good!